Unless specifically noted, the images, and videos distributed on the public NOIRLab website, along with the texts of press releases, announcements, pictures of the week, blog posts and captions, are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, and hence may on a non-exclusive basis be reproduced without fee provided the credit is clear and visible. Details on how to interpret this are given below for those who need further explanation.
- If you want to use our materials without having to pay, the full image or footage credit must be presented in a clear and legible manner to all users, with the wording unaltered (for example: “NOIRLab/NSF/AURA/R. Sparks”. The credit should not be hidden or disassociated from the image footage. Links should be active if the credit is online.
- The text of press releases, announcements, pictures of the week and captions should be credited to NOIRLab, except when used by media.
- NOIRLab materials, images and videos may not be used to state or imply the endorsement by NOIRLab or any NOIRLab employee of a commercial product or service;
- If an image includes a picture of an identifiable person, using that image for commercial purposes is not permitted unless the person has provided explicit permission.
- Note that this general permission does not extend to the use of NOIRLab’s logo, which shall remain protected and may not be used or reproduced without prior and individual written consent from NOIRLab. Owners of external websites wishing to link to the NOIRLab website may use NOIRLab’s logo for the link, provided they have obtained prior authorization from the NOIRLab Communications, Education & Engagement Department and on the condition that such use is clearly identifiable as a web link.
- Also note that music, scientific papers, code, and text other than press releases, announcements, pictures of the week and captions on this site are not released under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License and can not be used for non-NOIRLab products.
- By reproducing NOIRLab material, in part or in full, the user acknowledges the terms on which such use is permitted.